Do you have a possible wetland you’d like to see restored on your property?
Iowa Agricultural Mitigation Bank (IAMI) is looking for new future wetland mitigation sites to add to the mitigation banks to continue to provide wetland credits. Potential sites we are most interested in meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Located in target watersheds within the Prairie Pothole Region
- 20 acres or more of restorable wetland)
- Easy restoration (disabling existing drainage is best)
- Presence of predominantly hydric soils
- High ratio of wetland credits to total acquisition
- Wetland determination (Prior Converted or non-wetland)
- Single landowner rather than multiple partners
- Landowner interested in a permanent easement
- Not currently enrolled in USDA program (CRP, WRP)
- Reasonable costs for easement purchase, restoration, and maintenance
- Proximity to existing wetlands or other natural areas
We are currently looking for suitable mitigation properties specifically in the Upper Des Moines watershed in Emmet, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, or Humboldt counties.
IAMI representatives can help determine if your property might be suitable for restoration and inclusion in the mitigation bank.
For more information, please contact Executive Director Kim Perlstein HERE.