Looking to Purchase Credits?
- What are the advantages of buying Mitigation Bank credits?
Purchasing mitigation credits is a one-time transaction that moves all the mitigation risk to the bank. The customer is no longer responsible for finding a suitable site, constructing a wetland project, and maintaining it in perpetuity.
- Who is responsible for the constriction/restoring of the wetland?
IAMI is responsible for all planning, design, construction, and maintenance costs of mitigation sites.
- Who determines how many credits I need?
NRCS determines the amount of credits required. Standard purchase rates are at a one-to-one ratio for example. If a customer wishes to drain a 1.0-acre Farmed Wetland they would need to purchase 1.0-credit from the mitigation bank.
- Am I buying the easement of the land and title to the Mitigation Bank?
The purchase of mitigation credits from IAMB does not include any right, title, or easement to a mitigation site.
- Who maintains the land?
Once credits have been purchased and NRCS changes the wetland determination the landowner may manage/maintain their land as they wish.
- What maintenance is required?
No maintenance is required on the landowners property.
- What are the expectations for land sold to the Mitigation Bank?
The land must have a filed Conservation Easement that prevents future conversion to farming or other uses. No commodity crops can be raised and/or sold from the property. The land can be used for passive recreation and hunting purposes.